USB base Portable hard drive, Pen drive, SD Card, MMC Card, Memory stick everything is now our close friends. But these friends can become harmful when it caught by any virus. So anytime your friends can be your enemy and your computer be threatened by any virus which starts directly by 'Autorun.ini' file exists in your friends memory.
You have to be alert before start any of these drive that 'Autorun.ini' file is exists in your device or not.
How do you know ? ? ? Cause whenever you connect them in USB, they just start without asking you.
Its better you make a change in your Operating System for not to start any drive automatically.Lets do it yourself... Its easy.
- Click Start and Run (or "windows key" + "R")
- Write gpedit.msc and press enter (or click "OK")
- A window named 'Group Policy' will start there you will see 'Local Computer Policy' in left
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates. Click on System
- Now find a setting name as Turn Of Autoplay in right side of window
- Double click on it. Another window will appear by name 'Turn Of Autoplay Properties'
- Choose Enabled radio button and select All Drives beside Turn Of Autoplay On
- Close window by click Apply and OK. Also close Group Policy
Now it is your decision what will you do? Scan with anti virus software, explore with explorer or just open it by double click on it.